Monday, May 26, 2008

Reconstruction

Never have I been so excited for the release of a machinima project than I am right now (save the exception of a very few). It is purported that Rooster Teeth's new series, Red vs. Blue: Reconstruction, debuted at the CanWest event yesterday, and that a worldwide internet release would occur sometime today. No official word has come by it, but the website is now down with a very exciting message:

"We will be Right Back!

The Rooster Teeth Family of sites is currently down while we introduce some new dazzling features. We'll be right back to shock and awe."

I would normally try not to get my hopes up too much, but it is a little too late for that. Most of us remember the old days when Red vs. Blue was still a newborne, and a couple of guys were kicking the dirty, "shootin' the crap", and hilariously lazying it up in their precious boxed canyon. Then the storyline began to shape and formulate before our eyes. What originally seemed to be a casual and escapadic writing process turned into a world of pre-designated events that would later be revisited, explained, and eerily tied into the new story almost seemlessly. I still refuse to believe that they had it planned out from the get-go, however.

The point is that Rooster Teeth, essentially the Fathers of Halo Machinima, is about to bring us back into their world, and I can't wait.


p.s. Guess I'll play Bioshock for a few hours until the update.

1 comment:

Brian y said...

hay man i love this and cant wate to see more im a big fan of the elite my self.would love to here from you